Search across multiple sources to find books, ebooks, media, articles, journals, databases, etc. Easily select your subject area for more targeted results.
Loading Library Hours...
Catalogs Beyond the U of I Library
Even though the U of I Library has more than 13 million volumes, we don’t have everything. Luckily, you can request things from other libraries at no cost to you.
- Find and request items owned by us plus 85 other libraries in Illinois. See also: guide.
- Find materials at other libraries across the world.
Special Collections & Archives
- Search for primary source documents, images, and electronic records documenting University history, student life and culture, and American music.
- Illinois History and Lincoln Collections DatabaseSearch for primary source materials including letters, diaries, and personal and organizational records documenting Illinois history from the 1700s to the present, the Civil War, and Lincoln’s ongoing legacy.
- Rare Book and Manuscript CollectionsAccess to over 500,000 items in The Rare Book & Manuscript Library with customizable searches by century and format, and searchable finding aids for literary archives.
Specialized Search Tools
- Repository for research and scholarship generated by U of I faculty, staff, and students.
- Collections of digitized materials from our vast collections and archives – books, images, maps, and more.
- Full-text search of millions of books and journals digitized from our library and libraries world-wide.
- Find U of I research, view scholarly works, and discover new collaborators.
- New TitlesSearch for new print books in the library by subject area or library location. You can also create an RSS feed of the results.